Saturday, March 28, 2009

Boat Trip

Hazel's first kayak trip went well. We were going to make it an over night-er but the weather started to look too wet. So we set out after school and drove to La Conner and put in. The paddle over to Skagit Island took about 40 minutes. (The island is in front of us)This was also Savannah's first paddle on her own. She did great! (her arms got tried, but mine did to.) We had a picnic dinner and a walk around the island looking for the campground (which were at but didn't know) and then began our paddle back. Hazels return trip was not so good. She cried and cried. I tried to calm her but with no sucess. Dan got us to shore asap and Liam, Autumn, Hazel and I walked back to the car, while Savannah and Dan contunied in the boats. They beat us!! I think that Dan will be seriously looking to buy Savannah a kayak now that she a has shown her ability to do it on her own.
Well that was our first spring break adventure. Hopefully the week will be fillled with lots of fun.

4 comments:

Russ Steele said...

I am way jealous. It looks like a great afternoon.

Susie Q said...

What an awesome family adventure!

Man Of Steele said...

At least you weren't fishing - were you!

Forsyth Family Fun said...

I am thinking of the movie Dad took us to once- Swiss Family Robinson or something. I am way impressed! Tell Savannah she looks so grow up on her own out there with Liam. And you my dear sister- Wow! The last time I went in a canoe Matt and I decided that I can't go in a straight line- which is true- Love you